Monday, November 9, 2009

A GREAT Weekend!

Even though LSU lost on Saturday, it turned out to be a great day, because my boyfriend took me to our favorite restaurant, Chianti, and proposed! It was so sweet; I'm really excited, because we've been dating for over seven years, and I thought the day would never come! Here's a picture of my ring:


I want to get married in October, so hopefully I will graduate in August (like I'm trying SUPER hard to!), so I will not have as much on my plate after that.

Besides that excitement, I really haven't done much since then but lounge around and show off my ring at every opportunity. I'm gonna have to kick my butt into gear starting tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Traditionally, a person is supposed to congratulate the man on the news of an engagement, however since I don’t know your fiancĂ©, I’m sending my congratulations to you! LOL

    This is great news Christie, I’m very happy for you!

    Be Well,
    Kourtney Washington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Beautiful ring! I hope you have the best wedding and a great marriage with your future husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Christie!! I wish for you the very best. What a great way to end the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Your ring is gorgeous! My oldest daughter just got married on October 17 and although it was a beautiful ceremony, it was definitely a lot of stress. Try not to let yourself get stressed out where you don’t enjoy it as much as you should. I wish you and yours the best and a long and happy life together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Christie! Your "never gonna happen" attitude you had is funny because it reminds me of my cousin and her now husband. They also dated for seven years until he finally popped the question. My best wishes to you and your soon-to-be husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! That is so exciting. Beautiful ring, he did a good job. My husband and I are renewing our vows in Feb. so I know what you mean about having alot on your plate. I also have a two year old which is why I think you are suppose to plan a wedding before you have children : ) Conratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your engagement. The ring is beautiful. I wish you the best with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a rock! Congratulations and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes! I'm so glad this happened when you had a chance to share it with your classmates and me.

    And your fiance has set the bar rather high with that ring!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete