Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the best time of year...

I can't believe that it's already October and midterms are next week. This semester has been flying by for me and I am really happy about that!  

The past few days, the weather has actually been fall-like and cool, and I'm getting in the mood for the end-of-the-year holidays. This is my favorite time of year. My good friend and her husband have a Halloween party every year, and this one is no exception. I have had my costume ready for over a month now. I am going as Marie Antoinette, huge wig and all. I'll put a picture up next month.Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up soon as well. I love giving people gifts and baking goodies. I'm getting really excited just thinking about it all!

I mentioned in my last blog that I had either a salivary gland infection or a stone in it, and I am happy to say that the antibiotic my doctor prescribed did the trick! My lump is gone, so it must have been an infection.
I am still having joint and back pain from the Accutane, but I have my dry skin and lips a little more under control, which I am thankful for. Five more months, five more months, five more months...

I swear, I almost had a heart attack while watching the LSU-Georgia game last Saturday. I was so nervous! I'm so glad that the Tigers won but they need to step it up for this weekend's game. Florida is playing great this year, and I think that LSU has the talent to win IF they play consistently, which they haven't thus far this season.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!                                                                                              

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read that the lump is gone, and that you are doing okay on the Accutane. Oh God, dry lips were the worst.

    I'm ashamed; I've lived in LA for almost 11 years, and I know nothing about LSU or how they play football. Then again, I've never been a football fan. I'm not big for the whole sports thing period, although I did play many sports in high school.

    Have fun at the Halloween party.

    Nivine A.-- Eng 226

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year too!! And what are your predictions for LSU on Saturday?? I have a lot of friends going to the game...I wish I was going! Should be a pretty good game. I hope they win!!

    Goodluck on all your midterms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landon-

    I also know many people going to the LSU-FL game. I am hopeful that LSU can pull it off, but Florida has been playing great all year, and LSU has had some problems so far with their offense AND defense playing well in the same game. =) Hopefully, they've worked on that this past week and will win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow midterms are next week?! I didn't even realize we're already half way through the semester, but I'm glad it's going so fast. And now that you mention a Halloween, it's right around the corner! I'm excited for candy, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Christie,

    I’m so happy to hear that you are feeling better. I’m a HUGE Marie Antoinette fan, so I can’t wait to see you in your costume! I can’t believe the semester is halfway over either. I have until October 30th to decide if I’m going to stay in one class in particular or drop it. I’ll decide after midterms. Glad to hear all is well with ya!

    -Kourtney Washington

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also glad that you're feeling better. I like the fall weather too, but I'm not a huge Halloween fan. I might end up getting a costume at the last minute anyway. Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete