Monday, October 26, 2009

"Live Unbuttoned" out, "Go Forth" in...


The Slate article I chose is titled, "Walt Whitman Thinks You Need New Jeans." The article talks about how Levi's (the jean company) has changed their ad campaign from "Live Unbuttoned" to "Go Forth," in light of the economic downturn in the past year. The company changed its ad agency and image with the new slogan and commercials. The previous campaign featured attractive, young people dancing and having fun. In contrast, the new campaign features the voice of Walt Whitman reciting a poem while the screen shows images of people (very young to old) in Levi's jeans watching fireworks and kids playing together, just simply living the American dream. I think the new ads are about hope and looking/moving forward and are good for the current times in America.




 The rain is back and I can't say I'm too happy about it. My yard was still wet from the continuous pour we had for the past couple of weeks and now it's probably going to turn (back) into a swamp. Gross! 

I'm very excited about Halloween on Saturday and can't wait to dress up into my Marie Antoinette costume and wig! My friend Amber and I will be baking cookies, cupcakes, and other treats all day and decorating them for my friend Kate and her husband's party. Yummy! I hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween! 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun at the Halloween party.

    I know what you're talking about with the rain, I keep waiting for the grass to dry so that I can mow the lawn. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

    Nivine A. Eng226

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night's weather was crazy! I'm glad the skies have calmed down today, because I have had enough of the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the first time I saw Levi’s new ad. It was interesting and I think it will catch on. Much different than the skinny models with their jeans glued on. Not everyone is skinny and I despise the stereotypical commercials and ads. Levi’s will always be the best jeans to me. They are as American as hot dogs and apple pie.
    As for the rain, I am very sick of it. I believe we are so above the average now that it wouldn’t hurt if we did without rainfall for the rest of the year.
    I hope you have a great time at your Halloween party (I remember those times). These days, the extent of my Halloween involvement is getting costumes for my grandchildren. This will be my youngest grandson’s first Halloween and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be the cutest Winnie the Pooh ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost chose this article for my post. It looked like it might be interesting. And it looks like from your findings that it was rather interesting. Hope you are having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ad. Any company that can use poetry imaginatively gets my attention! And Whitman is as American as they come.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 26

    ReplyDelete