Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Second half of the semester...GO!!

Well, the second half of the semester has started and I'm somewhat relieved...like "there's light at the end of the tunnel" relieved! My grades are looking great (with the exception of one class but I think I can swing a B by the end of the semester) and I've been working my butt off this semester! It'll all be worth it though when I have that diploma in my hand! 
I'm anxious to register for Spring classes because what classes and times are available determines whether I graduate in August or December ('10). I'm really, really, really hoping August is possible, but even if not, there's still (you guessed it!) light at the end of the tunnel! =)
I'm going to apply to grad school here at LSUS to get my MBA, so hopefully that works out as well. The sooner I can begin that program, the sooner I will be finished with school and that thought is exciting. I'm not sure how much more information my brain can hold! 
I hope everyone has a great week!

 

10 comments:

  1. Hey Christy,
    Glad to hear your semester is going well. I also can't wait to register for spring semester, though I have a little longer than you (lucky! lol). I'm hopefully graduating May 2011, which seems so far away! This time next year, however, I'll be feeling like you are right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christie!

    Glad to hear all is well with you. I’m meeting with my advisor Monday to pick my classes and double check my graduation date (Dec 2010). I will be thrilled to say goodbye to this semester. It’s been a doozy! I’m excited to pick classes for next semester, and to start wrapping this degree up. I can see the finishing line……it’s not as far away as I thought! Things are looking up! :)

    Be Well,
    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the exact same way. All I can think about is finishing school. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is a great feeling. Lately I've been feeling like it's close but so far at the same time. I just found out though my advisor I have an extra class I need that I wasn't expecting, of course. Anyway we'll get there. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready to register for spring semester too. You're getting close to graduating and that must be nice! Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about spring semester, because I'll be taking 4 classes online! YAY! I'll only have to come to campus for 2 classes, which is good and bad. It's bad, because those classes are on 2 different days. Ugh, which means I have to come to school M-F!
    I'm also happy with my midterm grades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely one of the lucky ones. Since I started my college education so late in life I have figured at the rate I’m going it will be Spring 2016 before I get my Bachelor’s degree. I too am anxious for Spring classes to become available because I know there is a limited amount of classes offered at night that are actually needed for my degree. This by the way is the only time I can take classes since I have a full-time job. I am thankful that I have made it this far. However, I wish I could say that I was working towards my MBA. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to hear that your grades are looking great. I'm so glad that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel too. I will definitely be receiving my degree in 2010. I'm just not sure if it will be in the Spring or the Fall because I haven't met with my advisor yet. It also depends on the availability of classes for the Spring semester.
    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't it feel wonderful to see the finish line in sight??? It sort of gives you the strength and endurance to keep going to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slate URL?

    You anxious people stress out advisors like me! I'm barely recovered from midterms and it's time for advising. I'm screaming on the inside!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete